European Foot and Ankle Society
Travelling Fellowship 2017
EFAS Offers TWO Travelling Fellowships in Europe
The European Foot and Ankle Society is inviting applications for the 2017 Travelling Fellowship. The Fellowship is available to two trainee orthopaedic surgeons* interested in foot and ankle surgery.
The Fellows will travel to 2 European Centres proposed by the Council of EFAS, visiting, observing and assisting some of the most experienced foot and ankle specialists in Europe. The Fellowship will commence in September 2017. The proposed centres will be confirmed in due course. Applicants must confirm availability to travel for 11 days c. 17 September to 28 September inclusive. The selected fellows will be requested to present a brief report on the experience for the EFAS website.
- Eligibility: Medically qualified trainee orthopaedic surgeons (not yet certified), of European Nationality and working within Europe, with specific interest and experience in the field of foot and ankle. Applicants must be aged 38 years or less on 1st January 2017.
- Centres: The proposed centres may change due to circumstances beyond the control of EFAS in which case alternative centres will be used.
- Expenses: Basic travel expenses for Economy travel, basic food and accommodation at each centre will be provided with extras to be covered by the fellows. Successful applicants will be required to make travel and accommodation arrangements themselves and submit an invoice for travel and accommodation following the fellowship programme for reimbursement. The Secretariat will provide advice on suitable hotel accommodation close to the centres.
To apply: Please complete the Application Form available to download here and send it together with your Curriculum Vitae and an abstract of a relevant published paper which proves your interest in foot and ankle pathology or surgery to the EFAS Secretariat EFASOFFICE@mci-group.com
Email is the only method of application for this fellowship.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th March 2017.
Candidates must be available to travel for 11 days c. 17-28 September 2017.
Email Applications to EFASOFFICE@mci-group.com
- Read the report of the 2016 Travelling Fellowship
- Read the report of the 2015 Travelling Fellowship
- Read the report of the 2014 Travelling Fellowship
- Read the report of the 2013 Travelling Fellowship